2014/11/20

F1: Grazie Nando, Welcome Seb



It's official! Sebastian Vettel replaces Fernando Alonso at Ferrari next season. Everybody in F1 is extremely surprised because I don’t think anyone saw this one coming, did they? 

But here it is and as a Ferrari fan of course I have to give my opinion about the guy I cannot support any longer now and the one I have to support now. Oh, the horrible life of a red fan. What do I think about this change? I’m not ecstatic or anything, but I’m not sad or disappointed either. I do regret to see Fernando leave because for me he is the best driver on the current grid. So yeah, you don’t want to see a driver like that leave your team. But I totally understand his decision: he gave his all for Ferrari the last five years and it all just didn’t work out as it should have. We had to win at least one title with him but that didn’t happen and that’s a shame. 

So no hard feelings Nando! If he thinks he can find a better car for the next year(s), it’s his right to leave Ferrari and I hope it all goes well for him. He’s the best and he deserves nothing less. So if he wins with a McLaren or Mercedes next year, I’ll have a smile on my face because that guy, he’s one of us, one of the Ferrari family. Even if his suit is saying something different, he’s a Ferrari guy in his heart and in ours. And everyone knows how extremely passionate those Ferrari fans are, they don’t forget their drivers. I don’t think we can thank him enough for everything he has done for Ferrari. So Mr Samurai, all the best and hey, maybe one day we’ll see you again in red. Always welcome! 

One is leaving, another one is arriving. So at the same time I have (well, not have to but like to) welcome Vettel to the red family. Yes, Vettel for now, I’m not ready for Sebastian or Seb! Ask me again in some months. Let’s not act stupid: Vettel is an extraordinary driver. He’s a four times world champion at age 27. Enough said. So I do think he is a good replacement for Fernando. Fun fact: when he won his fourth title I wrote an article about him on this blog and it stated: “Don't get me wrong, I'm still no fan of Vettel. I never have and (unless he comes to Ferrari) I probably never will.” Busted! 

But let me tell you something else, I wasn’t a huge fan of Nando either when he joined Ferrari. Hard to believe now, right? I always liked Kimi “The Iceman” Raikkonen very, very much and he was put aside to make place for Alonso. So I wasn’t too happy with that. And I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the only Ferrari fan feeling like that back then but Fernando won over all our hearts and proved himself to the team and all the fans race after race. And we love him now so maybe it will go the same way with Vettel. He just has to prove to the fans that he’s worth the Ferrari suit he will be wearing and then we’ll support him. We’re Ferrari fans so at the end we’ll stick with our team and our drivers. And maybe one day I’ll even get used saying “Kimi and Seb”. One day, not yet. 

Catya Leroux



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten