2013/10/27

F1: Congratulations Vettel! (and that from a Ferrari fan)

Sebastian Vettel is 4 times worldchampion and equals Alain Prost. And that at just 26 years old!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still no fan of Vettel. I never have and (unless he comes to Ferrari) I probably never will. But I have to admit something has changed in the way I look at the Red Bull driver. In 2010 I could still say "He was just lucky, he didn't really deserve this title." but now...four times worldchampion. That's a bit more than just luck!

Sebastian Vettel is a fantastic driver. You just can't deny that! Not everybody becomes four times worldchampion.Vettel sure has won my respect this year. 10 victories, 7 poles and 6 fastest laps in 16 races. That's pretty impressive. You can like or hate him but you got to respect him. It's just stupid to say his success is all thanks to Adrian Newey and his designs. Of course Newey's cars are great but a great car isn't everything. At Red Bull they now have the perfect combination; a great car and a great driver. It's a simple as that.

So today, let's congratulate Vettel, because he has achieved something unbelievable. "Records are always made to be broken, no matter how great they are." Vettel broke a lot of records in his career already, and I'm pretty sure more will follow. And one day, another driver will be jumping out of his car saying "I can't believe I just broke Vettel's record!!" That's the way it goes. But for today, congratulations on your fourth worldchampionship, Fingerboy!

Catya Leroux


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten