2013/10/12

F1: Maria de Villota, a strong woman in a men's world

"I have motorsport in my DNA and there is no way I can stay away from that world" 

Yesterday morning when I heard Maria de Villota was found dead, I was in shock. This can't be true...  I admired de Villota a lot and I'm pretty sure many female Formula 1 fans did. She was a woman fighting her way up in a sport dominated by men. She proved women deserve a place in the car as well and also have what it takes to race. She was an inspiration to all of us...

I just still can't  believe it.. She had that terrible accident where she lost her eye and that changed her life completely. People told her she would never race again but she was determined to get back in the car. She had come way too far to quit now. That's courage we can only admire. She learned to accept that she lost her eye and started training her other eye. She also wrote a book about her life after the accident, so just when everything was going better, tragedy strikes...

 Maria, you were a role model to many of us and you'll be missed very much.. And I want to thank you for everything you did. You probably never realized what you mean to many people. You have been going through hell, but still you kept smiling and never gave up on your dreams. You were a huge inspiration and taught us great things. May you rest in peace..


"Even now that I only have one eye, maybe I see more things than before. 
My life was completely against the clock, a fight against the stopwatch."
Even now that I only have one eye, maybe I see more things than before. My life was completely against the clock, a fight against the stopwatch.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mariadevil498728.html#48s6rXR8CIzVt7Ay.99



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten